26. Which of the following is correct?
A. He neither speaks English nor French
B. He speaks nor English or French
C. He speaks neither English nor French
D. Neither he speaks English nor French
He speaks neither English nor French
27. Fill in the blank with the correct choice: ‘How much did you ——– the book?’
C. Pay for
D. Pay on
28. Another word for ‘prejudice’ is-
29. A review of the patient’s eating habits showed that her diet was ———— in vitamin B.
30. The bus is the ———– expensive way to get around.
31. Which one is the subject in the sentence?
To defrost this fridge takes ages.
B. To defrost
D. To defrost this fridge
To defrost this fridge
32. We must buy the tickets next week. Here ‘next week’ is-
33. The expression “He is all but ruined.” means
A. He has everything
B. He is out of danger
C. He is nearly ruined
D. He ruined others than himself
He is nearly ruined
34. The phrase “To embrace a habit” means-
A. To reject it
B. To eliminate it
C. To eagerly engage in it
D. Be curious about it
To eagerly engage in it
35. Kim was written by
36. Which of the following is not true about Shakespeare?
37. An elegy is a
C. Poem of lamentation
Poem of lamentation
38. Which of the following is chronologically in order?
A. Chaucer, Spenser, Shelley, Swinburne
B. Shakespeare, Chaucer, Eliot, Donne
C. Hughes, Eliot, Yeats, Auden
D. Hopkins, Browning, Wordsworth, Marvell
Chaucer, Spenser, Shelley, Swinburne
39. Ben Jonson introduced
B. Heroic drama
C. Comedy of manners
D. Comedy of humours
Comedy of humours
40. A cliche is a
A. A witty statement
B. A worn out statement
C. A false evidence
D. Irish humour
A worn out statement
41. What does ‘apartheid’ refer to?
42. ‘Renaissance’ means the
A. Revival of learning
B. Revival of human rights
C. Revival of life
D. Revival of medieval spirit
Revival of learning
43. Fill in the blanks: If he hadn’t been so tired, he___ asleep so quickly.
A. Didn’t fall
B. Hadn’t fallen
C. Wouldn’t fallen
D. Wouldn’t have fallen
Wouldn’t have fallen
44. What is the antonym of ‘Apex’?
45. The word ‘ecological‘ is related to
46. Which spelling is correct?
47. Handy is the synonym of
C. Convenient to use
48. Choose the right preposition: We shall refrain ———– doing it.
49. Fill in the blank with the right word: ___now follows is a party political broadcast.
50. Which of the following is correct?
A. Sophoeles tragedies are famous
B. Sophieles’ tragedies are famous
C. Sophieles’s tragedies are famous
D. The Sophieles tragedy is famous
Sophieles’s tragedies are famous