Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) Test
(One mark for each correct answer and 0.25 to be deducted for each wrong answer)
Direction: Out of the four alternatives, choose the one that can be substituted for the words/phrase.
1. Perceptible to the ear
C. Praise able
Adorable: Lovable especially in a childlike or naive way
Laudable: Worthy of high praise
Audible: Perceptible to the ear
2. A person who is out to destroy government.
Destroy: Damage beyond use or repair
Anarchist: A person who is out to destroy government.
Atheist: Someone who does not believe in god
Theist: One who believes in the existence of a god
3. Destruction of unborn baby in mother’s womb
Abortion: A deliberate termination of pregnancy
Insecticide: A chemical used to kill insects
Feticide: Destruction of unborn baby in mother’s womb
Regicide: Murder of King – Regicide
4. A hater of learning and knowledge
Bibliophile: a person who collects or has a great love for books.
Philologist: learner of language, or linguist.
Misogynist: a person who hates women.
Misologist: A hater of learning and knowledge .
5. A large dark grey could that brings rain or snow
Blizzard: A storm with widespread snowfall accompanied by strong winds.
Nimbus: A large dark grey could that brings rain or snow.
Hail: Precipitate as small ice particles
Fog: Droplets of water vapor suspended in the air near the ground
Direction: Pick out the most effective pair of words from the given pair of words to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
6. With the realization, the people suddenly found themselves left with ————–moral values and little ethical——————
A. established; grasp
B. obsolete; perspective
C. pretentious; insionuation
D. extreme; judgement
With the realization, the people suddenly found themselves left with established moral values and little ethical grasp
7. The fact that a business has———— does not create an ———– on it to give away its prosperity
A. halted; insensitivity
B. proposed; imperative
C. incorporated; indecision
D. accumulated; aspects
The fact that a business has proposed does not create an imperative on it to give away its prosperity
8. The teacher ————— his students ——————– being late to school.
A. shouted; at
B. reminded; with
C. reprimanded; for
D. narrated; of
The teacher reprimanded his students for being late to school.
9. The dimensions of the —————— are known and the solution is ———————– on.
A. risks; tempered
B. theory; dealt
C. measures; decided
D. problem; agreed
The dimensions of the problem are known and the solution is agreed on.
10. To —————- his arguments, he ———————– several references.
A. substantiate ; cited
B. vindicate; refer
C. press; announced
D. reveal; declared
To substantiate his arguments, he cited several references.
Direction: Select the alternatives, the word that conveys more or less the same meaning as the italicized word
11. If you want real solace, go to Cox’s Bazar
12. His pacific personality helps in keeping harmony in the family
13. The use of bullock carts is a keep superannuated mode of transportation
14. It was nothing but a ponderous lecture
A. dull and loboured
dull and loboured
15. It was a scurrilous attack on him.
Direction: Select the word that is opposite meaning to the word given in capital letters.
B. easy .
21. Choose the correctly spelt word:
22. Choose the correctly spelt word:
23. Choose the correctly spelt word:
24. Choose the correctly spelt word:
25. Choose the correctly spelt word: