Part One MCQs;
Questions 1 to 5: In each question below, there is a sentence of which some parts have been jumbled up. Rearrange these parts which are labelled P, Q, R and S to produce the correct sentence. Choose which of the options (A), (B), (C), (D)or (E) is the proper sequence and mark your sheet accordingly.
1. A French woman
P : committed suicide
Q : where she had put up
R : who had come to Calcutta
S : by jumping from the first floor balcony of the hotel
2. When he
P : did not know
Q : he was nervous and
R : heard the hue and cry at midnight
S : what to do
3. It has been established that
P : Einstein was
Q : although a great scientist
R : weak in arithmetic
S : right from his school days
4. I read an advertisement that said
P : posh, air-conditioned
Q : gentleman of taste
R : are available for
S : fully furnished rooms
5. Since the beginning of history
P : have managed to catch
Q : the Eskimos and Red Indians
R : by a very difficulty method
S : a few specimens of this aquatic animal
Questions 6 to 10: For each question, select the word(s)/phrase(s) that appropriately fill(s) in the gap(s)
6. According to corporate circles Bengal corporation is pushing through the merger to create a financially ———- company in the processed food business, the group’s thrust area science the 1990’s
7. Irony can, after a fashion, become a mode of escape; to laugh at the terrors of life is in some sense to ——– them.
evade (কৌশলে এড়ান)
8. Scientists ———- a new planet.
A. had just discover
B. just discover
C. have just discover
D. have just discovered
E. none of these
have just discovered
9. The miser gazed ————- at the pile of gold coins in front of him.
10. At one point, it looked as if an area of agreement would ————- especially over the issue of productivity linked wages.
B. come out
Come out (প্রকাশিত হওয়া)
Questions 11 to 15 : In each of the following sentences, there is one word missing. Identify the missing world from the given choices:
11. Over last fifty years, there has been a growing interest in trade in my country.
Over the last fifty years, there has been a growing interest in trade in my country.
12. The doctor advised to take the medicine twice a day
The doctor advised me to take the medicine twice a day.
13. The chief guest of the seminar spoke to the audience concerning career.
The chief guest of the seminar spoke to the audience concerning with career.
14. Do not emphasize their mistakes so much.
Do not emphasize on their mistakes so much.
15. In a debate, it is sometimes necessary to remind speakers about the main points which are considered.
In a debate, it is sometimes necessary to remind speakers about the main points which are being considered.
Questions 16 to 20 : In the questions given bellow out of the five alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given definition:
16. A name adopted by an author in his writings:
Nomenclature -বৈজ্ঞানিক পরিভাষা
Impersonate-ভূমিকায় অভিনয় করা
17. That which cannot be corrected
A. Unintelligible -Not clearly understood or expressed
B. Indelible – Cannot be removed or erased Example:”indelible memories”; “an indelible stain”
C. Illegible- (of handwriting, print, etc.) not legible Example: “illegible handwriting”
D. Incorrigible (Adjective): (of a person or their tendencies) Not able to be corrected, improved, or reformed.
E. Nomad -A member of a people who have no permanent home but move about according to the seasons
18. A small shop that sells fashionable clothes, cosmetics, etc.
Store – A mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services
Boutique- A shop that sells women’s clothes and jewelry
Booth- Small area set off by walls for special use
Superstore – A large retail store
19. Habitually silent or talks less:
Taciturn -Habitually reserved and uncommunicative
Servile-Submissive or fawning in attitude or behavior
Unequivocal-Clearly defined or formulated
Synoptic-Presenting a summary or general view of a whole “a synoptic presentation of a physical theory”
Quiet-Free of noise or uproar; or making little if any sound
20. Be the embodiment or perfect example of:
Questions 21 to 25: Rearrange the following six sentence in proper Sequence to form a meaningful paragraph, then the questions given below:
1. Its current was very powerful and could take away big tree trunks.
2. There were some children, playing on the bank of the waterway.
3. In the forest of Sonagaji there is a big lake.
4. The excess water started flowing forcefully through the waterway.
5. Once there was a very heavy rain because of which the lake started overflowing.
6. A poor man noticed it and rushed to save them.
21. Which of the following should be the second sentence?
22. Which of the following should be the first sentence?
23. Which of the following should be the third sentence?
24. Which of the following should be the sixth sentence?
25. Which of the following should be the fourth sentence?