17. The correctly spelt word is –
18. The antonym of “Climax” is –
19. The expression, “Take into account” means –
20. “Perhaps I won’t go out this evening.” means –
A. I may not go out this evening
B. I should not go out this evening.
C. I might go out this evening
D. I shall not go out this evening.
I may not go out this evening
21. The verb-form of “Politics” is –
22. The plural of “Spectrum” is —-
23. Which is not an English prefix?
24. “A child likes sweets only.” The negative form of the sentence is –
A. A child likes none but sweets
B. A child likes nothing but sweets.
C. A child likes but sweets.
D. A child likes not more sweets.
Negative করার সময় Only বা alone এর পরিবর্তে উত্তর বাক্যের শুরুতে None but বসে। আর কোন পরিবর্তন হয়না।বস্তুর ক্ষেত্রে only এর পরিবর্তে nothing but বসে।
25. “It cannot be done.” The active voice form is –
A. No one can do it.
B. We cannot do it.
C. It is impossible to do it.
D. Most people cannot do it.
We cannot do it.
26. He said, “I can do the work.” The indirect narration is –
A. He said that he can do the work
B. He said that I could do the work.
C. He said that I will do the work.
D. He said that he could do the work.
He said that he could do the work.
Fill in the blanks with appropriate words (27-29):
27. I can give you no assurance ___ help.
28. The principal made an inquiry——— the case.
29. ” ————— do you spell your surname?”
30. The noun-form of the word “Fortunate” is –
31. May Allah help you.” It is an –
A. operative sentence
B. exclamatory sentence
C. assertive sentence
D. none of the above
32. The correct translation of “নাচতে না জানলে উঠোন বাঁকা।” is –
A. A bad workman quarrels with his tools.
B. A bad dancer complains about the stage.
C. Pride goes before destruction.
D. The wearer knows best where the shoe pinches.
A bad workman quarrels with his tools.