26. “Faerie Queene” is a —
B. short story
C. an epic
The Faerie Queene is an incomplete English epic poem by Edmund Spenser. The first half was published in 1590, and a second installment was published in 1596.
27. When Ruba was reading, Era came. It is a:
A. Complex Sentence
B. Compound Sentence
C. Simple Sentence
D. Imperative Sentence
Complete the sentence with appropriate word.
28. Crystals luck could have been ———— than pearl.
29. Which is the adjective of the word befool.
30. The antonym for the word ‘resemblance’ is ——-
resemblance means : সদৃশতা
31. Choose the correct sentence:
A. Scarcely had we been Started but it began to rain
B. Scarcely had we Started but it Started to rain
C. Scarcely had we Started when it began to rain
D. Scarcely had we Started than it began to rain
Scarcely had we Started when it began to rain.
32. Socrates was accused ————– misleading the young section of Athens.
Accused of =অভিযুক্ত
33. Which one is the correct translation of ‘মানবজাতি এখন সংকটাপন্ন’?
A. Men are at a stake now
B. Mankind are at a stake now
C. Mankind are dangers now
D. Mankind is at a stake now
Mankind is at a stake now.
34. Which one is the correct phrase to fill in the gap? He refused – to help me.
A. point blank
B. out and out
C. in good faith
D. by no means
35. The winner of the competition was —— with a cheque of Tk. 10,000.00.
36. Which one is the correct passive form of the speech? ‘Don’t take the forget me not.’
A. Forget me not be taken by you
B. Let not the forget me not be taken by you
C. Let never taken the forget me not
D. Let not taken by you forget me not
Let not the forget me not be taken by you
37. The price of daily necessaries increases by-
A. the by
B. leaps and bounds
C. hook or by crook
D. fits and starts
leaps and bounds
38. The Hyphen is used —
A. In the middle of a line
B. At the beginning
C. At the top of the line
D. At the end of a line
In the middle of a line
39. The “Merchant of Venice” Written by Shakespeare is —
A. a novel
B. a short story
C. a Poem
D. a drama
40. Which book is a Tragedy?
B. Measure for Measure
C. As you like it
D. She stoops to conquer
41. Who wrote “Tempest”?
A. William Wordsworth
B. Ben Joason
C. William Shakespeare
42. The poem “The Patriot” is written by —
A. Alfred Tennyson
B. Robert Browning
C. Mathew Arnold
D. John Donne
43. Write the superlative degree of ‘good’—
44. Fill in the gap with the correct form of the word, Jerry (be)—- at the orphanage since he was four.
Jerry was at the orphanage since he was four.
45. what is the meaning of the word “dearness”?
A. low price
B. modern price
C. high price
D. minimum price
dearness means = The quality possessed by something with a great price or value
46. Write the meaning of the word ‘waive’.
forgo = ত্যাগ করা
47. What is the noun of ‘innocent’?
innocence = সরলতা
48. Change the following sentence into present perfect.
I do the sum.
A. I have done the sum.
B. I was going the sum.
C. The sum is done by me
D. I did the sum
I have done the sum.
49. What does “Abode of God” means?
A. Home of god
50. What does the word e-mail means?
A. electric means of writing
B. evil of mail
C. electronic mail
D. excel in mailing